As we look back at what we accomplished in 2022 amid a crippling mental health pandemic, we can’t help but feel encouraged about what’s to come for the new year.
Our mental health is just as important as our physical health. So we’re building upon a strong foundation of increasing the mental well-being of our community by making it easier to ask for, and find, help.
This past year our Let’s Talk line averaged 200 calls a week. That’s our parents, friends, neighbors, and co-workers looking for mental health support for themselves or their loved ones.
And our partnerships helped us provide a variety of important services:
- Crisis Center of Tampa Bay and University of South Florida’s Department of Psychiatry provided short-term telehealth bridge counseling for individuals facing long wait times to get into their first appointment.
- AdventHealth Express Care at Walgreens offered appointments at one of 10 local locations where a staff member assessed needs and provided referrals to a telehealth counselor for additional support.
- Tampa General’s Urgent Care powered by Fast Track on Water Street provided referrals to a licensed counselor to help navigate next steps
- Northside Behavioral Health Center made connections to a licensed clinical social worker who provided in-person help to pave the path to feeling better
- We hosted webinars by mental and behavioral health experts.
- We attended community outreach events like USF football games.
- We made appearance at corporations to share mental health resources and best practices in the workplace.
- And we supported a Strike the Stigma symposium with the Tampa Bay Lightning and Florida Blue to support high schoolers.
And we’ll keep doing these things – and more – in the new year. Thank you for your continued support.
Have a wonderful holiday. See you in 2023!