Tampa Bay Thrives (formerly the West Central Florida Mental Wellness Coalition) hosted a virtual town hall with the behavioral health teams from the Hillsborough, Pasco, Pinellas, and Polk County school departments. The purpose was to discuss mental wellness over the summer, including how to navigate through the uncertainty caused by the coronavirus. Parents and registrants were able to pre-submit questions, which were answered by the panelists. Included in the content were strategies for helping kids transition back into the school environment come fall, as well as techniques to adjusting to mask wearing and social distancing.
The panel was moderated by Carrie Zeisse, President & CEO of Tampa Bay Thrives. Panelists included:
- Holly Saia – Director, Student Services for Hillsborough County Public Schools.
- Elizabeth Tanner – Supervisor, Emotional Wellness for Hillsborough County Public Schools
- Michael Kelleher – Supervisor, Clinical Care for Hillsborough County Public Schools
- Vicki Papaemanuel – Supervisor, School Psychology Program for Pasco County Schools
- Lisa DePaolo – Managing Officer, Prevention for Pinellas County Schools
- Jennifer McGinnis – Prevention Specialist for Pinellas County Schools
View the virtual town hall meeting here: